Yala , Sri Lanka
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage Day Trip
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage provides visitors with a chance to observe and even interact with elephants. You will be able to feed a baby elephant with a bottle of milk & witness them playing and bathing in the river with the herd. This will also a good opportunity to get closer to an elephant to take some wonderful photo memories.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Pinnawala
Arrive at Pinnawala. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage was established in 1975 with seven orphaned elephants. Assisted by local and foreign elephant experts, they began a successful breeding program with the first baby elephant born in 1984. Enjoy the elephant bathing and take some wonderful photos of the baby elephants playing in the river.
Enjoy Lunch at Elephant Bay Restaurant with Chilled beer or Fruit juice
Take a walk to the elephant park to see baby elephants being bottle fed.
Leave the Elephant Orphanage and proceed back to your hotel.
Arrive back at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at Elephant Bay Restaurant
- 750ml beer bottle per person or Fruit juice
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees & cost of milk bottle.
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: No Cancellation Fee
- Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Colombo, Mount Lavinia and Negombo hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.